14 september 2020
This policy covers the information Hostinkos collects and how we use it. It also outlines the steps Hostinkos takes to protect that information, how to contact us, and how we comply with relevant data protection regulations such as the GDPR.
Under the GDPR, Hostinkos is a data controller for the information we collect from you. In certain cases, we are also a data processor for data collected by our clients; for more information on client-collected data, please see “Information collected by our customers” below.
Hostinkos will never sell, rent, lease, or exchange your personal information with other organizations. Hostinkos assures you that the identity of all who contact us through this website will be kept confidential.
We collect information from you in order to deliver services that you purchase and to monitor and improve the customer experience on our website.
Service sign-up, user information:
- Any information provided during any registration processes, such as your name, company name, phone number, email address, billing information such as credit card information, geographic location, or payment information when you call, email, or contact us for support or otherwise when you use our products and/or services and answers to security questions that help us to verify your identity and secure your account.
Website visits, support, and use of services:
- IP address
- Browser type and version
- Pages you have viewed
- How you reached our Services
- Any links clicked on to leave our Services
- Whenever you update your information
- Communication with our company
- Metadata about your use of our Services
- Any issues you encounter requiring our support's assistance
- Device information of your connection to our website
- Any telephone conversations with our staff, which we may monitor or record
Hostinkos collects personally identifiable information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: online order forms, online chats, telephone calls, market research surveys, and customer support tickets.
Certain information about your computer hardware and software may also be automatically collected through tools such as Google Analytics. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.
Hostinkos may also collect information from third parties as required in order to provide you with products and services.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Hostinkos’s blog or social media pages, this information may be collected and used by others.
Hostinkos collects and uses your personal information to operate the Hostinkos website, to deliver the services you have requested, and to inform you of other products or services available from Hostinkos and its affiliates.
Once provided, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- To provide you with service communications such as invoice reminders, order confirmations, purchased product login details, and customer service messages
- Provide responses to your e-mail or online requests for products, services, support, or information
- Personalize and improve your usability of our websites
- To help better and optimize the performance of Services
- To contact you with newsletters, announcements, and special offers we think you may find valuable. You can withdraw your consent to receive these communications at any time.
- Understand and analyze your use of our services. Hostinkos keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within Hostinkos in order to determine which Hostinkos services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Hostinkos to customers whose behaviour indicates they are interested in a particular subject area. Data may also be used to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
- Identification and prevention of fraud
- For third-party services: For payments or other monetary transactions, Hostinkos must share your personal information (specifically your billing information) with our payment processor. In all cases, we share only information that is required to set up and operate these services. Third-Parties are not permitted to use, keep, or share your data except for the specific services they have been contracted to provide.
- For domain registration: In order to register domain names, personal information collected during your purchase must be provided to the registrar responsible for processing your request, as per the registrar’s rules and the rules set out by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and/or the relevant domain name registry. This information goes into a searchable database, WHOIS. Access to WHOIS information may be limited but you can help protect yourself by opting out of displaying your personal information through the purchase of a Domain Privacy service (some domains are not eligible for this service).
Contract: Your personal information is necessary for providing the services you requested. This includes payment and setting up the services, and also the assistance and support we provide to make sure your services are working properly.
Consent: From time to time Hostinkos may send you announcements and special offers. You can withdraw your consent for these communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email you no longer wish to receive, or by contacting our Data Protection Officer by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Obligation: Hostinkos may be required to process any personal information we collect in order comply with legal, regulatory, and law-enforcement requests.
The data we collect is stored primarily in France and is regulated by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Your data is stored in a variety of means within our infrastructure, such as system log files, databases, and analytics systems
Hostinkos is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. Hostinkos secures the information we collect on servers in a controlled, secure environment. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Hostinkos uses Internet Encryption Software, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol, when collecting or transferring sensitive data, such as credit card information. Any information you enter is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, and then de-encrypted at our server. Once we receive your credit card information, it is accessible only to a small number of trusted Hostinkos employees who have been specially trained in processing this information.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control. Information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts.
Hostinkos retains personal information we collect from you, when we have an ongoing legitimate business need in doing so. This includes, but not limited to: providing you with requested services, to comply with applicable legal, tax ocr accounting requirements.
Once your last service has been cancelled, Hostinkos will:
- Retain certain information stored directly on the hosting server for 40 days. Data stored by third-party services may be retained for shorter or longer periods depending on the service; please contact us for details on specific services.
- Retain certain information stored in other systems for up to 7 years for potential auditing purposes and to enable us to maintain accurate business, tax, and financial records.
Hostinkos may retain personal information longer in order to comply with specific legal requests or obligations.
When there is no ongoing legitimate business reason to retain your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize the information.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), the following data protection rights pertain to you:
If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you may do so at any time by emailing privacy@Hostinkos with your request.
You can also access and update much of your personal information through the Hostinkos Dashboard in the My Profile section. Please ensure you always keep your contact and billing information current with us.
You have the right to be aware if we process personal information about you, and the right to access data we hold about you and information about how we use this data.
You may request that we remove the personal information we have about you for the following reasons:
- You believe that it is no longer necessary to hold your personal information
- You wish to withdraw your consent to process your personal information
- You no longer wish to receive marketing, or for us to use your data
- You believe that your data is being processed unlawfully
You may object to the processing of your personal information, ask for hostinkos to restrict the processing of your personal information, or for the portability of your personal information. You may do so at any time by emailing email@example.com with your request.
You have the right of opting-out of marketing communications sent by hostinkos at any time, this can be achieved by clicking on the unsubscribe link in marketing emails sent to you. If you wish to opt-out of any other form of marketing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to a data protection authority regarding the collection and use of your personal information, this can be achieved by contacting your local data protection authority.
You also have the right to request that we delete your personal data. We will honor the request to the extent possible under our legal and contractual obligations. Please keep in mind that deleting your data may stop your Hostinkos services from working properly or at all.
From time to time, we may send a “cookie” to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other websites.
Some cookies are necessary for Hostinkos sites to work properly, such as the cookies which indicate you’ve successfully logged into your account. Some cookies, like the ones used by Google Analytics, help us see how visitors use our sites. Others are used to customize your advertising experience. If you visit a Hostinkos website with a browser that has cookies enabled, you are letting us know that you agree to us using cookies with your browser.
Hostinkos customers may collect data from people who visit their sites, regardless of whether a purchase is made. Hostinkos customers are responsible for ensuring they are complying with all legal and privacy regulations, including but not limited to the European GDPR.
Hostinkos does not have a direct relationship with our customers’ visitors or users.
If you would like to make any requests regarding personal information that has been collected by a Hostinkos customer, please contact them directly. This applies to any kind of request, whether to access, correct, amend, or delete information. If the customer asks Hostinkos to remove any personal information we will respond within thirty (30) days.
We provide you with the ability to log in to your account using social media services such as Google. If you choose to use this feature, the service you select will prompt you for your consent to share some personal information. We will store that information in order to give you access to your account.
If you no longer want to use social sign-in, you can disable it in the My Profile section of the Hostinkos Dashboard.
We are concerned about the privacy of young children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 16. We encourage you to become involved with your child's access to the Internet and to our site in order to ensure that his or her privacy is well protected.
To read more about online safety and how to become more involved with your child's online experience, visit the Federal Trade Commission Web site. You may also benefit from the information and resources available on ProtectKids.com.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. All online orders are processed through 128 bit SSL encryption to protect your credit card information during your online transaction. All prices and figures are listed in EUR.
See our terms of service page our refund policy.
Hostinkos reserves the right to deactivate or remove any user account provided by www.Hostinkos without notice if the user has provided wrong information or violated common Internet policies, or if the account has been inactive for more than 180 days.
Downloads are solely for personal, non-commercial use. Copies of a download can only be stored on computers or devices owned by the person or entity that purchased the download. Additional licenses of downloads can be purchased from www.hostinkos.com
If there is any information you can't find on our web site or that we have not included here please ask by either calling +38344114409 or by clicking on the live chat icon at the side of the page. Use our contact form or email email@example.com.Contact Form